The United States has come a long way when it comes to gambling and online gambling. It still has a very long way to go if you are a pro-gambling advocate. We want to break down each state the best we can based on the current situation each state faces. Since a lot has changed at the federal level, it’s up to the states to make a lot of their own decisions. This leaves a lot of people wondering what is happening in their own state. The good news is, we are here to help you keep up. As soon as we get a state update of any kind we will add it to that particular states page. Scroll over the state you are interested in and see the latest happenings.
KEY – The map above shows where each state is when it comes to betting. If you see a green state the laws are very favorable. If you see a grey state, there are forms of betting allowed but not free and clear. The white states are still in progress while the red states are stuck in the past and will need a lot of legislation to get the ball rolling.
We will look at everything gaming-wise in each state. Some states allow some things while others do not. There are so many questions on a state by state look. Here are the different topics we will talk about for each state.
- Brick and Mortar Casino – Does the state provide land-based casinos, tribal casinos or even water-based locations.
- Online Casino – What forms of online casinos are available?
- Sportsbook – Does the state offer in house betting, kiosk betting or any other type.
- Online Sportsbook – Can you bet from your computer or mobile device?
- Poker Room – Does the state provide a place to play poker live.
- Online Poker – Can you play online poker within the state through a computer or another device.
- Horse Racing – Does the state provide a horse racing track or off-site betting location.
- Lottery – Does the state have a lottery and which type of games can you play.
- Daily Fantasy Sports – Can you play DFS within your state? There are plenty of states that allow DFS.
These cover the majority of things people are looking for. We may throw in other things like bingo, online bingo, dog racing, and whatever else you can make a wager on. If you have a request please let us know and we will look into it.
We will also share some of the history of what’s happened in that particular state. It’s very interesting to see how each state has evolved over the years. The best part is, there is still more room to grow for everyone.
We also do a comparison of FanDuel Vs. DraftKings to see which one will control the market on a state level. As of right now, as states come on board they work diligently to get on board within that state. You can see which states they work with and once more get added you will see the list grow.